© Copyright 2023 Karen Charboneau-Harrison, All Rights Reserved.
What is reincarnation? Literally re-enfleshment; the return of the soul or essence after death to inhabit a new physical form. Two-thirds of the world follows a belief in Reincarnation. It is a foundation of belief in Hinduism, Buddhism, ancient Egyptian religions, for the ancient Greeks, in non-Christian Africa, for the Aborigenes in Australia, the native peoples of the Pacific Islands, for Hasidic Jews, for the Tlinglit in Alaska, in Islam as an esoteric teaching and among Pagans as well as the early, original Christians. Reincarnation is viewed in various ways by different religious groups:
- DEVA (minor god)
- ASURA (elemental force)
- PRETA (hungry ghost)
The word KARMA is often used in reference to reincarnation, it is directly translated as action-reaction. Karma is caused by the mental and physical deeds done in this life and passed into this and future lives.
In Hinduism there are 3 types of karma.
- AGAMI - present life karma which is passed to future lives;
- PRARABDA - karma from past lives which is passed to the present
- SANCHITA - karma which is being accumulated but is not yet to be acted upon or reckoned with.
Why is it so difficult to remember past lives? Some theories are:
- Learning physical body again - all of us are very busy at the start of a new life learning how to operate the body again. We spend the first 2 years learning to crawl, walk & feed ourselves and then go on to learning the language of the culture into which we were born as well as its ways. This tends to overshadow memories of the past.
- We also have a new personality with different needs and desires, perhaps even a personality not particularly interested in introspection.
- At least in the industrialized West the idea of reincarnation is not particularly supported and in some cases may even be seen as delusion. As we grow in a culture, we tend to adopt its views and adapt to its ways. In cultures where reincarnation is seen as a viable reality, memories are much clearer and supported by the family as well the surrounding society.
What is the purpose of remembering past lives?
- Knowledge of past lives leads to self knowledge and the knowledge of your place in the universe.
- You can learn from past experience. Perhaps in the past you were a wonderful artist - you don't lose talents that you've have in the past, although you may not emphasize them as much as did you in a previous life - you can enjoy your artistic side again. Conversely, perhaps before you were a person who couldn't control themselves with fatal consequences. Remembering and reflecting on past difficulties can keep you from repeating past fatal mistakes.
- Your knowledge of your karma from past lives can give you a very clear path tobalance the energies begun in a previous incarnation. You'll know what you need to do in restitution to help your soul's evolution.
- By understanding Reincarnation you will lose any fear of death you might have. You'll know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is indeed life after death…life after life after life.
You choose the gender that will benefit you most for the types of experiences you decide you need in your between lives state. As well as the family which will best suit your evolution. Many times people come back to a life where they meet up once again will beloved friends and it is very gratifying when group goals that perhaps set up in a past life can be consciously worked on again. Just as you choose the better gender and best family situation for a given life, you also have the freedom to choose the main experiences you need for current evolution. Because you've freely chosen these things, you have set yourself up to learn the optimal amount of lessons in the most efficient way in a life. You can take advantage of this by consciously choosing to work on your karma and your evolution without being sidetracked and wasting a life in confusion and doubt.
|Past Lives for Beginners||Lost Soul, Wise Soul|
|Do It Yourself Akashic Wisdom||How to Uncover Your Past Lives|